Celebrations, holidays and special events are a great time to connect with family, friends, and customers.
If well thought out, it’s also a great period to strategically put up actions that will drive sales for businesses.
Statistics have shown that people tend to buy or spend more during holidays, celebrations and special promotional offers like Black Friday, Cyber Monday, business anniversaries and the likes. By following these steps, we can generate leads, make sales, retain existing customers and attract new ones.
1. Deliberately planning ahead: It begins with listing upcoming events and holidays, mapping out plans on how and what to advertise to your community, based on their interest. Ensure new and existing customers will benefit from the ideas and plans you come up with.
2. Timely Implementation of plans: It is one thing to make plans and another to execute them in a timely manner. By keeping these holidays in mind, you can get your adverts and every other promotional material ready ahead of time.
3. Freebies: Over the years freebies have been considered a great sale attraction tool. People love it and it works! Think of creative ways you can use it to your business advantage. It could be in the form of free shipping or a ‘buy one get one free’ style. Be creative and do what works for your business.
4. Ease of access: It is important to make your website easy to navigate and your payment process simple and smooth to help your customers achieve a stress-free shopping experience. You don’t want their morale to burn out shortly after getting excited about your offering.
5. Don’t forget to thank your customers: You can achieve this via email, telephone, SMS or even by using a Thankyou card. This gives them the impression that you don’t just want to use them, but that you appreciate their patronage and would love them to come again.
After these steps, you will notice you’ve won for your business, loyal customers, both existing and new. It is pertinent to note that remaining consistent in building an appropriate marketing plan for your brand.